Would you like to add a guideline which is still missing in our collection?
Great! Just fill in the form below.
Here's also a helpful outline about the composition of guidelines:
1. For each guideline focus on a specific situation in the digital world.
2. Aim to phrase a guideline neutral and coherent.
3. Use active language for your guideline. Ideally it contains a tangible suggestion for action.
4. The shorter the better – try using one or two sentences max.
5. If possible use descriptive language. Include analogies from everyday life.
6. Guidelines are recommendations for the reader. No one likes commands :(
7. A pinch of humor is important and entertaining.
8. Take care of the right tone once writing a guideline. This is about politeness 2.0.
9. Assing related tags to your guideline. These are ment to provide the context and specific aspects of the situation in discussion.
10. We are looking forward to your guideline sparking further discussion.
Enjoy creating new guidelines. We are already curious about your ideas!
We will consider your contribution and 'stitch' a new etiquette.
- brain extension download
- electromagnetic field
- hal 9000
- information overkill
- instant messaging
- intergalactic travel
- job application
- location based service
- location-based services
- mailing list
- mass messaging
- micro blogging
- mobile phone
- mp3 player
- on the way
- social networks
- tablet pc
- text message
- video conference